São Paulo, March 4, 2020
Subject: 26th INTERMODAL SOUTH AMERICA – Event confirmation
Informa Markets hereby reinforces that, with respect to the confirmed exhibitors, the dates for the 26th Intermodal South America are kept. Therefore, any rumors relating to the cancellation of the trade show are not accurate.
The event organizers opted for the continuity out of respect for the exhibitors who have already confirmed their presence and the visitors who have already performed their pre-accreditation, which already amount to 11% more in volume of accreditation compared to the same period last year.
The entire program of the event is maintained: the presence of Tarcísio Gomes de Freitas, Minister of Infrastructure and Transport, and authorities at the various levels of Government; the schedule of lectures and speakers from the National Logistics Conference; technical visits to partner companies of the event, such as Carrefour, Tgestiona, and VLI Logística; and the Arena TI Innovation and other actions scheduled for Intermodal 2020.
We stress that we are monitoring the situation in relation to the new coronavirus, Covid-19, on a daily basis, so that the event occurs safely, adopting the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, including with regard to providing customers and partners with clarifications about the various rumors circulating on the Internet regarding this virus, which may cause panic among the population, in addition to hindering the investigative work of the relevant authorities.
In this sense, it should be noted that Intermodal South America 2020 is confirmed, with the following remarks:
- Intermodal South America will be held according to all health provisions defined by the Ministry of Health and the State Health Secretariat of São Paulo, in line with the WHO guidelines;
- Informa Markets Brasil is monitoring the actions to prevent the coronavirus Covid-19, maintaining an up-to-date catalog (update daily) with information on the disease and its prevention;
- Informa Markets Brasil reiterates its trust on the health authorities of our country, performing the daily monitoring of all preventive and diagnostic measures.
We are working normally to celebrate a business, relationship and knowledge event that meets the unequivocal expectations of private investors, public managers, and production segments.
We thank you in advance for your attention and remain at your disposal.
Subject: 26th INTERMODAL SOUTH AMERICA – Confirming that the event will be held
Informa Markets Brasil is responsible for hosting Intermodal South America, and we reassert through this message that the event will take place between 17 and 19 March, as previously established.
We have been monitoring the situation regarding Coronavirus, Covid-19 constantly so that the event can happen with safety and in compliance with the recommendations made by the Ministry of Health. We have also been acting to clarify different rumours that have circulated on the internet about this virus to clients and partners, which can cause panic and get in the way of investigations made by the competent authorities.
Therefore, we would like to reiterate that Intermodal South America 2020 is confirmed, and it is worth mentioning that:
- The full Intermodal schedule will be maintained as well as the official program with the extended participation of authorities from different government bodies.
- Intermodal South America will be held following all the sanitary prerequisites defined by the Ministry of Health and the Health Department of the State of São Paulo, in line with the WHO.
- Informa Markets Brasil has monitored prevention actions for Coronavirus Covid-19 and is maintaining an updated (daily) catalogue with information about the disease and its prevention.
- Informa Markets Brasil reaffirms its trust in the sanitary authorities in our country and is monitoring all the prevention and diagnostic measures daily.
We have been working routinely to celebrate a business, relationship and knowledge promotion event and meet the unequivocal expectations of private investors, public administrators and the production segments.
Thank-you in advance for your attention, and we place ourselves at your disposal.
POSITION OF INFORMA MARKETS BRASIL ON CORONAVIRUS
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1) Will the event Intermodal South America 2020 be cancelled due to Coronavirus?
Informa Markets Brasil declares that it is monitoring the recommendations provided by the Ministry of Health regarding Coronavirus daily and will adopt all the guidelines from authorities to ensure the safety of its events.
All Informa Markets Brasil events are confirmed and nothing has been ruled regarding alterations or cancellations.
2) Will the countries affected be able to participate as exhibitors at the event?
The Informa Markets tradeshows traditionally receive exhibitors from several countries. Due to Coronavirus, all the tradeshows organized by Informa Markets are in touch with their international partners to access the measures to be taken in each case. Many exhibitors have local representatives and will be able to participate without the presence of international travellers. Informa Markets will assess where participants may be exposed to a risk on a case by case basis.
3) Will equipment from affected countries be exhibited at the event?
The Coronavirus virus survives on different surfaces up to 24 hours. It is impossible for exposed equipment to still be contaminated with the virus, as the latter will not survive during the trip. Therefore, there are no restrictions to the introduction of equipment coming from other countries.
4 – Do foreign attendees have restricted access to the tradeshow?
Informa Markets Brasil is monitoring the recommendations provided by the Ministry of Health daily and will adopt all the guidelines from authorities to ensure the safety of its events. Restricted access has not been established until now on account of country of origin.
5 – What measures are being taken by the event organizer?
Informa Markets is working in partnership with the exhibition pavilions to implement all the measures recommended by the Ministry of Health.